About Me

My Photo
jc
born raised in San Jose,living in Nashville via Portland OR. Love beer, movies and hockey. blah blah blah
VIEW MY PROFILE

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

San Jose Sharks, new logo


So its offical the Sharks have confirmed the new logo. I have to say its starting to grow on me. I espeically like the other images they are showing (you cant actually find any pics on the web they only have a flash video on thier site). I was scooped on the possible logo change by my Preds buddy on his blog here:new look sharks

Here is a link to the sharks page where you can watch the slide show of all the different Sharks images. sjsharks.com
I dig the full Sharks image and the new fin look. I am seriously thinking about sinking some cash into a new jersey, but shhh dont tell my girlfriend as I already have 3 jerseys and 2 are less then 6 months old.

I cant wait for hockey season, holding my breath though. Besides Scott Hannan we havent really lost anybody too big yet. Scott was a big loss, but we have a very big, very strong, and very deep D.

I said this elsewhere as well. Its a real shame the Preds had to deal with the sale/possible move of the team. They really lost some key players and I cant help but think all of this was a part of it. After the season they had last year, would they really have gotten rid of Vokoun(will see how this move shows affect later in the season), Kariya(not much of a loss), Timonen(big loss imo), Hartnell. Did I leave anyone out? I think Chris Mason is a better goalie than Vokoun, but I am curious to see how he holds up as THE starter, its a very long season this could be a great move or end the season for the Preds if Mason cracks. Kariya is no loss, except for salary towards the cap. However;Kimmo & Hartnell I cant help but think are losses as well.

Enough about a team I dont like. Lets go Sharks, this is the year we break the finals curse and get to the dance. That way I can really show off this pic:




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think the Vokoun trade would have happened even if we could go to the salary cap. Vokoun was good, but why pay him that much when we had Mason? I think the only thing that would have been different was trading Vokoun for a veteran defenseman to replace Timmonen, who i also think was gone. Just got paid too much. Hartnell was a tougher call. Getting paid a little more than i think he's really worth, but he's one of the best tip-men in the league when he gets parked in the blue ice.

Kariya i think is a bigger loss off the ice than on. Big name, etc. And he drove me crazy with his won't-cross-the-blue-line-on-defense play. But he was another big gun that distracted opposing defenses and was a great setup man. I would have been fine losing him if we could have gotten someone in return.

Having said all of that, i still think we could be a playoff team without much of an issue, as long as Mason steps up like i think he can, and Sullivan stays healthy. Given those two, i think we're fine. A much better team than the one that made the playoffs and won two games against Detroit before the lockout.