About Me

My Photo
jc
born raised in San Jose,living in Nashville via Portland OR. Love beer, movies and hockey. blah blah blah
VIEW MY PROFILE

Friday, August 31, 2007

NES

So last night I get home and in my mailbox is a bill from NES. It has my new address on it. It says I owe $100. It doesnt give any usage or specify which address its for. Essentially it says "hey you owe us $100" and gives a due date.

So I call them. They explain its my closing bill from my old address (figured it was). I asked for the billing period. They say 7/18-8/8, 20 days. I say that isnt listed nor KWH usage. They say it was over 1200 KWH. The bill does list last years usage, over 800KWH. So in 20 days I used over 400 KWH hours more than last year and in less time????

Now I know we had some really hot weather during this time I was billed, but I lived at that address for 2 1\2 years and never paid more than $70 bill. I was moving, and did have the door open with the AC running while we went in and out. But when we left, the place got closed up and the AC went off. So at worst the door was open with the AC running (only 2 days of this) for like 3 hours tops per day. So that is 400 KWH?

Anyways this all got me thinking. There are no checks & balances here. They say you owe, and you pay. Thats it. How am I to verify that what they say I used, is in fact what I used? They say they can have it reviewed. Someone will re-read the meters/reading, um how do you do this? But if the bill is right, now I pay $8 more, if I am right then they adjust the bill.

I dont know now that I think about this it really doesnt sit well with me. There is absolutely no way for me to verify my usage.

I am annoyed by all of this.

No comments: