About Me

My Photo
jc
born raised in San Jose,living in Nashville via Portland OR. Love beer, movies and hockey. blah blah blah
VIEW MY PROFILE

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Great Hockey news, if you are a Sharks fan, & not so good news if you are not




Friday the Sharks organization announced they had signed a 2 year contract extension for the Capt. Patrick Marleau. It is rumored to be worth over 6 million a season.

This is huge for us as we have now locked in 4 great players that are invaluable to this orginization. We now have Joe Thornton for 4 more years, Johnathan Cheechoo for 4 years, Milan Michalek for 7 years (yeah thats right 7 years!), and now with this extension for Patty 3 years.

Combined with the previous signing of Joe Thornton, the Sharks now have the League’s most potent center combination for a minimum of three years.

I am beyond excited for this years season, it is shaping up to 1 hell of a year for us. I only wish I was still living in SJ to take advantage of seeing lots more games at the Tank.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, Sharks have been doing a great job locking up players long term. Much like my Spurs have done over in the NBA.

I hate to be the GM for SJ in 4 years when Thornton and Cheechoo are both up. Of course by that point Thornton will be old enough you may let him go...

jc said...

yeah I had those thoughts too. I say they will lock Cheech up on 2 maybe 3 years and if Joe keeps playing the way he is the same for him in say 3 years otherwise probably let him move on. They have been doing a great job of locking players up before the contract expires. The players love playing in SJ, they know the cup is right around the corner, and that we have a great team. They want to stay.