About Me

My Photo
jc
born raised in San Jose,living in Nashville via Portland OR. Love beer, movies and hockey. blah blah blah
VIEW MY PROFILE

Thursday, September 20, 2007

so what to write about? I havent really posted much personal stuff in my blog so far. Mostly ranting and raving bout things that bug me in life or talking about things I dig.

Well havent been to terribly happy with life lately. I got a promotion at work back at the beginning of May. I was given a small raise, but a raise just the same. Well up until about 2 weeks ago I wasnt getting paid said raise. I had a commission check coming and I knew it should be X amount and when it wasnt I did the math and found the issue. Long story short, they never told HR about my new position or raise and therefore I was getting paid at my old rate. For over 4 full months. So they did the math, I owe some back to them for my base salary (because of how I get paid now, more $ in commission but less base) and they have yet to determine how much they owe me in commission. The commish should more then take care of what I owe, in fact they should be paying me a decent amount in back pay when its done.

My role at work changed nearly 2 months ago and this means that some small things that I walked away from in my previous role I am now back doing again. Dont get me wrong there is less stress, I dont work overtime anymore, and my pay is better based on my success so far. But I took this new role with the idea that the stupid little things I hated bout my last role would no longer be on my shoulders, not any more. I dont feel like my new role is really a promotion any longer. Like I said its good and bad, and its not THAT bad so... I just dont feel as important and I dont feel I am being utilized to my utmost or the way I should be. It could be worse though, I work for a great company, and get pretty good pay so I should just STFU I know. Ok phew feel better, thx.

I am at least 30 pounds overweight. Said job doesnt help. I sit on my butt for about 10 hours a day. Between my drive to work and back and my 8 hours at work. I dont take breaks and besides lunch and bathroom runs I am at my desk. The environment I work in doesnt help with watching your weight either, not that I am though. I need to eat better and try to get some sort of exercise as its really starting to bother me mentally.

I really think I need to take a long hard look at things in my life, why am I just simply not happy most of the times? I feel angry most times by default. Hmm topic for another day perhaps.