Well my "men" did it last night. After a dismal start that had me saying "well thats it, there goes the series". I was sure after the first goal and the absolute terrible play of the Sharks that it would be a loss, and the thought of overcoming a 3-1 series deficit had me depressed. I cursed them for the rest of the 1st period, and on into the 2nd until "Mr. Playoffs 2008" Ryan Clowe tied it up. That is 4 goals in 4 games along with 3 assists. He leads the NHL in goals this playoff season.
Well I was back to cursing them when they blew it in their D zone and gave up a late 2nd period goal, the "heart breaker". Those late period goals as time expires are tough.
They came out in the 3rd looking tough as $h!t. Playing like they wanted it, playing like they can play. I love that Ron Wilson decided to give Devon Setoguchi his first start last night. The guy was on fire. Great offensive talent, and even more impressive as a rookie. He got his first NHL playoff assist on the Cheech goal in the 3rd.
The team was on fire once Cheech scored that tough angle shot late in the 3rd and pwnd the Flames from there on. Completely dominating the play and holding the zone shift after shift. I could just feel it, we had it, we were pressing. "Put pucks on net and it will come". With less than 10 seconds left in the game the Flames were just trying to weather the storm and get to OT, but Jumbo Joe was not having it.
Tonight, finally Joe decided to show up to this series. He put his big butt in front of Kipper and got a great deflection on a Douglas Murray shot to win it! You could here that place just die, seemed like everyone just died at that moment. The true definition of "dead silence".
So here we are, tied 2-2 in probably the toughest series going right now. Heading back home to the Tank on Thursday. A win at home will be huge, exactly what we need. I know we got it in us. With the big play of Cheech & Joe last night and the speed and determination of the Gooch I think we are finally starting to click. I hope that Michalek finally starts to catch fire, the guy has heart. He hasnt score in what seems like forever, yet he is pressing like a 40 or 50 goal scorer. By his play you would swear that he was a offensive juggernaut.
Come on boys, we are behind you. We bleed when you bleed (Patty), we bruise when you bruise (Patty) and if I could grow a beard, I would have a glorious playoff beard guys.

No comments:
Post a Comment