About Me

My Photo
jc
born raised in San Jose,living in Nashville via Portland OR. Love beer, movies and hockey. blah blah blah
VIEW MY PROFILE

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Hockey news, ok Sharks news

So just read on nhl.com that the Sharks have signed 2 former players to front office jobs. Mike Ricci (hells yeah!) and Byian Marchment (mush).

This is great news for Sharks fans. Ricci was 1 of the most popular players in SJ during his 529 games with us. As stated in the nhl.com article he wasnt a big time scorer or huge muscle on the ice. But he was a tenacious D man and was a asset on offense. He played with a huge heart, and hair, and I think his passion really helped our team during those years. I was very sad to see him leave SJ and was twice as happy to see him back in house. I think this is great news for us and look forward to the upcoming season.

Now on to Mush, Marchment. He was a bruiser on the ice, before the days of Bertuzzi, there was Marchment. He dished it out better than anyone his size during his days with us and was feared on the ice. Great D and would make you pay for it if you were "caught on the tracks". He will be part of the team in charge of talent scouting and development. This should be a great move for us as he was a very solid D player.

Very excited about hockey news. Summer cant end quick enough.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Heh. You said 'tenacious d'. Heh heh.

jc said...

lmfao, that was totally not on purpose.

I recently took advantage of a online special at a hockey store I frequent and got a new Sharks jersey, like 3 weeks before the new logo came out, doh. Anyways I got a Thornton jersey but gave much thought to getting a Ricci jersey. I have to say he is probably my fave Sharks player to date. Time will tell though.